Sunday 3 March 2013

Stay-At-Home Sunday

This morning I woke up to this:
Snowstorm- March 3, 2013

We're expecting 10-15 cm of snow today, so I decided it was a great day to blog... and what am I blogging about? My 'new' craft room! We've been living in this house for about 5 months now, and we really haven't done much with the place (luckily we didn't have to do much when we moved in), but we're still without blinds and have yet to put a nail into the wall to hang artwork.... but I'm hoping today that's going to change! I'm going to focus on my craft room, which also doubles as a spare bedroom.

Here are some before shots:

View of the sewing table (covered in stuff!)
There's a lot of stuff on that table, including some fabric I recently picked up from a garage sale. I love the colors, there's some vintage bedsheet fabric (blue one) in that pile. I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet, but for now I'm just going to clean up that area.


Awesome vintage fabric... not sure what I'll make!
 Here's a view of some bookshelves, and the walk-in closet:


This is my disorganized walk-in-closet. I'm hoping this looks a lot neater after today.


Here's one of the projects I hope to complete today. It's currently a picture from Ikea, which we purchased to stage our old condo when we were selling it. It's a nice photo, but I want to transform this into a design wall for quilting. If you don't know what that is, check out this blog that inspired me to do this. This is probably half the size as the one Elizabeth made, but if I actually use it, I'll try making a giant one.

Ikea canvas picture

I'll post some 'after' shots of my room and this project in my next blog. Thanks for reading!