Friday 15 March 2013

Craft Room Cleanup

Hi!
    So a couple of weeks ago I posted about how messy my craft room was, and my plans to clean it up. There were definitely pros and cons to tackling that room! While I'm happy to report it's in much better condition, I've also quadrupled my to-do list because I found so many half-finished projects! Everyone loves before & after shots, and I wish I had done a better job setting up the camera & taking better photos, but this will have to do.

Behold:



Desk- before









Desk- after. This was a basic cleanup of everything on there (and piled into other things on the bed in to-do piles)




Before, things stashed in the corner




After- A little tidier, but things still stashed in the corner!






before- storage area for magazines and randomness

 

After- magazines organized and purged.




Before- messy closet! There's yarn, fabric, costume jewelry (pink box), roving (white bag) and art supplies all in this photo.




After- This was my favorite place to clean up. Now I can access my yarn & fabric easier.


     It was a daunting task to organize this room, it took almost 5 hours to complete! I worked on one area at a time and sorted into categories on my bed-- To-Do, To Donate, To Keep/put away, and a pile for future sorting. Here are the final areas:


To Do. Yes, this is a giant pile. There are T-shirts, pillow cases, new fabric for a knitting basket, clothes to hem, and clothes to sew. Yikes!



Another view of the To-Do pile, including some vintage lace I found stashed in my closet!



To Donate: There's some stuff here that I know I'll never get around to using, including yarn, magazines & T-shirts.



"Needs more sorting". Yes, I admit I have WAY too much stuff. My fiance says I'm a borderline hoarder, so I've got some cleaning up to do! Most of the stuff in here is for give-away or I'll try & sell some of it. Since I took this photo I've already whittled this pile down to about half of what I'm showing.



     So I ended the day with a semi-clean room and a giant pile of stuff to sort, and an even bigger pile of projects to do. My next couple of blogs will be focused on some of the projects I intend on finishing. Before I close out this post, I wanted to share some photos of some interesting and lovely things that were hiding in my room. Enjoy!



A pile of vintage lace (I need to store these properly).



Some beautiful fabric I picked in in Japan, intended to be used for Japanese Furoshiki.



Some silk-screening on fabric that I made at ACAD



The magazine (and unfinished sweater) that re-introduced me to knitting!

(I never finished this, I didn't know much about knitting and yarn choices, and used Bernat Cotton for this!)


My initial to-do list..... *sigh*.

 Thanks for reading! ~knittypie