Sunday 11 May 2008

A taste of what I've been up to...

I originally asked a girl from etsy to make me a bag like this, but the price she suggested was too much for me to justify. So I purchased the fabric myself and spent a couple of hours in my basement sewing it up. The results:




It's lined with some awesome fabric that I picked up at a church sale (I picked up a huge pile of random fabrics and it only cost me $11.75!). I put in some interfacing on both the inner and outer fabric to make it more rigid. Total cost was way less than the original price on etsy.

Inside you can see my latest project peeking out, it's "Child's First Sock" by Nancy Bush. I knitted it up in Koigu KPM (check out my ravelry if you want to know more). It's a simple, easy-to-memorise pattern, and the yarn choice was perfect:



Close-shot to see the details of the second sock, and this blue is the actual colour of the sock (the above photo's colours are a little muted). Thanks to S for helping with the photos!

Thanks for looking!
~knittypie