Monday 8 March 2010

Ravelympics was a failure... sort of.

So, I participated in Ravelympics this year. Part of me wanted an insane knitting challenge, and part of me obviously didn't know what I was getting myself into. If you've never heard of it, it's a challenge to knit a project (or two, three, four...) over the course of the Olympics. If you've heard of it (and participated), you probably felt the same way I did. I'm not quite sure why I chose so many events to participate in, and I didn't complete half of them. My crowning achievement was completing a sweater within the 17 days.

I had hopes to:
-knit a sweater (pictures below!)... PASS
-knit a hat (Which I did, but it was an impromptu hat and now I'm not sure what to do with it, probably not a hat I should have made)... PASS
-write up two patterns (cowl, mentioned in an earlier post, and an apple cozie), FAIL
-finish some mittens I promised I would make for my BF over a year ago...FAIL
-create a small rug from a previous sweater that I knit and now hate... FAIL

I love this sweater, although my gauge was off by a lot on the neck part. I ended up placing buttons on a diagonal to try and take care of the loose garter-stitch neck... and it seems to have worked!



Garter Stitch Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre
Berroco Alpaca and Noro Silk Garden
Made for me
Ravelry Link

My life is a little less hectic, now that the winter holidays are out of the way. I'm hoping to get into some sewing in the next couple of weeks and make a baby blanket (or two) because I'm going to be an aunt!